Monday, January 29, 2007

Hi, Ho... Hi, Ho

Work sucks.

In the big picture, I really don't have much to complain about. I get to sit at a computer and write all day. It's not cleaning backed-up sewage, welding on top of a skyscraper, or trying to save someone's life. I'm not in danger of physical harm. People's lives don't depend on what I do (at least, to date), but all jobs carry their own unique sets of stressors, both good and bad.

Right now, I can name a hundred things I'd rather be doing than editing copy and creating search engine content - but it pays the bills. First and foremost, I'd like a job with a stability, respect, a living wage, and benefits. Yeah... and while you're at it, I'd like a pony, too.

More on that later.

I do have to report my schadenfreude moment of the week. I found out something about the company-I-oh-so-wanted-to-work-for early last year. The one that gave me a "trial period" working freelance for them, but I eventually ran away screaming. They lost a big... and I mean BIG contract with a major Minneapolis corporation... because of the way they did business. It was a client of their's they'd actually asked me to LIE to to help them save face.

That brought me a moment of pure bliss.

Like I said. More on that later.

No comments: