Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Does Anyone Fall for This Stuff?

I got a very special email this morning. I wanted to share it with everyone!

*******
From: Fletcher Lawrence
Subject: special depth that true

to learn how those

Good afternoon. Doing good? Email me at ihm@ShineBal.info only. By the way, I am a girl. Hope you will like my pictures.
has a from their "I truly believe district if you want.
ihm@ShineBal.info
*******

This one didn't get caught by the spam filter. The "From" email address (I removed the user name since it looked real) is real -- FYI North Idaho, a tourist guide website.

So, really. Tell me. Are there actually people out there who fall for this stuff?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. You can find them on MySpace and they're all in the 6-16 age range!

soulsurfer said...

stop your annoying email, whole bunches of shit face

Avindair said...

Soulsurfer --

Was that directed at GG, or at the spam?

GeekGoddess said...

I think soulsurfer is some kind of troll. Follow the link to the name. The account was just started in December 2007. No blog. Troll.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you can do to Soul-lesssearcher what I did to Mormon boy. Yes?

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Surprisingly, I think that your spammy email makes more sense than the one that I got today.

From: Johnathan Maloney a-1plants@agosys.com

Subject: very beginning of

his stunningly clever use of Command,

Hi. Doing good? Email me at yibmwm@ShineBal.info only. I am nice girl.
Will send some of my pictures
as a requirement can be awarded stress for children In my
investigation

Anonymous said...

I once posted an amusing bit of spam on my website to comment upon it.

I was deluged with e-mail and comments from knuckle-dragging morons who somehow thought that they had managed to locate the course of the spam.

I'm sure that they have many reasons in their lives to believe themselves to be clever.