Monday, June 26, 2006

And so it begins...

It took me forever to come up with a name for my Blog.

You see, I have a tendency to overthink things to the point of not actually getting anything done. I wanted a name that really meant something, or was terribly clever, or symbolic, or... or... just really, really, cool. I turned to the best friends a writer can have, thesaurus.com and dictionary.com.

According to The American Hertiage Dictionary of the English Language, rhapsody is:
  1. Exalted or excessively enthusiastic expression of feeling in speech or writing.
  2. A literary work written in an impassioned or exalted style.
  3. A state of elated bliss; ecstasy.
  4. Music. A usually instrumental composition of irregular form that often incorporates improvisation.
  5. An ancient Greek epic poem or a portion of one suitable for uninterrupted recitation.
That's what I hope my blog will be. Don't expect an exalted style or ecstasy, but I can certainly get behind enthusiastic expression, improvisation and uninterrupted recitation... at least until the comments start flowing in. I also can't promise daily postings or incredibly clever insights. Just me.

Let's see where this takes us, shall we?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in my seat, saftey bar engaged, loose items secured, and arms and legs prepared to stay inside the car at all times.

Let 'er rip. :-)

Trees

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world!

GeekGoddess said...

Thanks, you two! I figured it was about time. I can't promise any deep insights -- and I'm still finding my feet as to what I want to write about -- but I look forward to the challenge.