Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Schadenfreude

Back in March and April of this year, I had interviewed for a lead position at the local offices of a worldwide firm. I wanted this job so bad, I could taste it... until I got to know them. Eventually, after jumping through multiple hoops, I refused to continue being the poodle with the sequined collar and pulled myself out of the running.

They still haven't filled the position. Or they have, lost the hiree, and had to readvertise again... and again... and again. *grin* Over six months-time, I've seen the same job readvertised four times. Most recently, just a few days ago. There are only two reasons I can imagine that they are still looking to fill this position. First, they play the same ridiculous run-around games with other applicants. Two, their bad reputation precedes them.

I wonder how many times they advertised before I applied back in February?

Oh... and my car is already done! Just a totally dead battery. Entire electrical system checked out A-OK.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I'm happy for you that it was only a battery and nothing major.

YOu got a close call then, leaving the company when you did. Who wants to be treated as a door mat? ( or fancy poodle, LOL)
Not you .
You have too much going for you and way too many qualifications to waste them on unappreciative employers.
Their loss,
Your freedom and gain.

Congrats!