Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Cat's Out of the Bag

I've been waiting to post this for a couple of weeks. It had taken so long to get what I wanted and needed that I was afraid I'd jinx it with a premature announcement. So without further ado...

I got a job. A good one. A real, honest-to-goodness, regular full-time employee type job with decent pay, good commute, great co-workers, casual atmosphere, and nice benefits. A job where people say please and thank you. A job where my boss doesn't track me with a stop watch and asks for my opinion. A company that's been around for 33 years and grown exponentially in the last 10. A company that has employees celebrating 25-year anniversaries.

And I even like the work.

I'm a Technical Writer / Trainer in Product Development for a Twin Cities-based incentives company. In a nut shell, my company helps other companies keep employees feeling happy and appreciated through incentives and loyalty programs.

More later. I'm still writing freelance on the side occasionally and I'm up late tonight to meet a deadline.

'night, all...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! You deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Finally!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!

Rick Sullivan said...

Victory!

GeekGoddess said...

Thanks, all! Once I get settled in and I'm not so wasted from stuffing my brain full of new stuff 8 hours a day, I'll have to celebrate. :-)

Unknown said...

Very coolness!!

Tedj said...

Very Klasna