Friday, July 06, 2007

Size Does NOT Make A Difference

Get your mind out of the gutter!

I'm talking about clothing size. Sheesh!

I was doing laundry last night. As I folded some old tshirts - 10-year old tshirts - I glanced at the size label. They were marked L (Large). No surprise. Being, um, *blessed* in womanly curves, even if I weighed less, I simply don't have the body type to wear a Small.

Here's the thing. Those particular old tshirts are huge on me... always have been. I haven't changed that much in 10 years. However, yesterday I went to the very same store, bought the very same brand tshirt, and had to buy an XXL in the Women's department -- not Misses.

The brand new XXL (Extra Extra Large) is form-fitting on me. The 10-year-old L (Large) is huge on me. I held them up together. The XXL is less than 3/4 the width of the L.

If there's any proof of the fashion industry sizing-down clothing, this would be it.

Next year, I'm looking forward to trying out the new Giganta-size baby tees.

No comments: