Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Where's My Brian Been?

Occasionally, I have times in my life when I'm certain that Igor has handed over the Abby Normal brain to Gene Wilder to install in my cranium.

This is one of those times.

I have a confession to make. I forgot that my parents were coming this weekend. I forgot to tell my husband that my parents were coming this weekend. In the land of married couples and in-laws, I have broken Ape Law.

Granted, we've been so preoccupied lately that I'm surprised I remember to wipe, much less anything else. I keep four (yes, count'em... FOUR) calendars updated so I can find out where I'm supposed to be at any given time. But sometimes, things slip through the cracks.

This was a mighty big crack. (insert lame joke here)

Top 3 Good Things:
1. My parents are staying in a hotel this time. Yes, I love having them stay at the house and I hate having them incur the additional expense, but sometimes space is a good thing.
2. My house will get clean before they come. In fact, with my mother, it will probably be even more clean when they leave.
3. The kids will get time with their grandparents.

Top 3 Bad Things:
1. I have to find time this week to clean my house.
2. My garage clutter is embarrassing.
3. I haven't even taken down my Christmas decorations yet.

So... I'm off to make my oh-my-god-my-parents-will-be-here-in-2-days to-do list. If I'm not back in a week, send a search party.

5 comments:

Avindair said...

Hon, it's no big deal. Even being sleep-deprived boy, I remember you saying this a few weeks back. I just forgot about it, too.

So chill.

Love you.

GeekGoddess said...

In these temperatures, how can I *help* but chill? ;-)

I think even more than forgetting about my parents, it's a general comment on the status of my brain lately. Not enough grey matter to go around. In the IT world we'd call it a strain on resource availability.

Not to fear. I'm armed with a realistic to-do list that delegates much to the younger members of the Bruno clan.

Poodles *can* scrub toilets, can't they?

Love you, hon. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, you two kids!

Hey, thank God for blogs, eh? What wonderful communication tools they've proven to be!

Anonymous said...

GG,

I think Buddy could fold laundry if he wanted to.

...but HOW to motivate him?

GeekGoddess said...

Marie -
Blogs, email and instant messaging... Avindair and I have thrived on communicating during work hours like this for YEARS! When I don't have it, I feel like a limb has been removed.

Trees -
He loves pig's ears. If only I could make the connection between laundry and pigs... hmm...