Thursday, May 15, 2008

Giving to a Good Cause... or Two!

Two good causes that are close to my heart are coming up soon. If AIDS or breast cancer have touched your life in any way, please consider donating.

Minnesota AIDS Walk

Last year, Avindair, our kids, our friend Garrett, and I walked as Team Stone Soup. We won't be able to team up this year, but I still encourage everyone to make a donation to this great cause. No amount is too small, it all adds up. This year the walk is on May 18. If you don't have a team or person to support, you can still make a donation to the organization. Once again, I've thrown a few dollars in the kitty in memory of my uncle, Dale Christopher.

Susan G. Komen for the Cure

My good friend Trees has accepted the challenge to walk 60 miles in The Breast Cancer 3-Day. She'll do the walk for (and with) her best friend Sue on their team, Beautiful Feat! She has to raise $2,200 by the time she ties on her walking shoes September 19-21. Please help Trees and her team reach their goal! How I wish I could join them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

Thanks for your donation, and your support, and the exposure on your blog!

GeekGoddess said...

You bet! I tried to post a heads-up to you on your blog, but the darn security image was broken. Couldn't post without it! I know you have until September, but if you need me to give people another poke or two, let me know. I'd be happy to bring it up again. One of my sisters-in-law just went through breast cancer surgery and is now enduring chemo. Really wish I could take the walk with your team!