Sunday, July 27, 2008

Medora

These days I'm constantly running to catch up, but better late than never. A couple of weeks ago my parents took the kids to Medora, ND. They went to museums, saw the Medora musical, did the Pitchfork Fondue, went through Theodore Roosevelt National Park and saw wild horses and buffalo, went horseback riding, swam, romped... and had a generally wonderful time.

I'm awaiting some pictures that my parents took, but I had to share these from the Alien's cell phone.



Like grandfather, like grandson. This is my dad and my son, MonkeyDude. They'd just each bought themselves a new hat and settled into a bench to wait for my mom and the Alien.



Beautiful country in western North Dakota. I would love to see it myself some day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents live south of Medora. Last 4th of July, after a kicking gaming party in the cities, we went west for a visit. We did everything listed expect the roping and riding. It was a fun time, but wow is there a lot of nothing between Fargo and Medora...

Anonymous said...

Whoa. Mountain bike heaven!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad the young'uns had fun!

GeekGoddess said...

Dracut - You are soooo RIGHT! Our car once caught fire between Fargo and Bismarck... in the middle of winter... coldest night of the year... it's a long story.

Marie - And it's only about a 12 hour drive from the Twin Cities! :-)

Girder - They had great fun. And a cool hat.