Tuesday, August 05, 2008

THANK YOU, SENATOR KLOBUCHAR!

Some of you may remember my post back in November 2007, "Your Papers, Please." I had discovered on a family trip that I'm one of the lucky, lucky people on the Department of Homeland Security's "Selectee" list. I regularly get the "special" screenings, can't print out plane tickets from home or from kiosks, get pulled from the airline gate for additional security checks... lucky me.

FINALLY, a politician is trying to fix it! Enter Senator Amy Klobuchar. I first heard about this on a Fox 9 news report tonight. (I know, I know... Fox News... but for this story, it was worth it.) Check out Senator Klobuchar's website to learn more.

I even wrote her and pointed her to my blog post from last year.

Oh, and apologized in advance for the occasional expletives from a very, very angry Geek Goddess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to grad school with Amy's husband! He missed a few classes becasue he was busy campaigning for her. What a guy.

GeekGoddess said...

Cool! I think that campaigning for your wife to become a senator is a valid excuse to get out of class. :-)

GeekGoddess said...

Wish me luck. I just bought tickets to fly to Orlando to visit Avindair. I'll just have to make sure I wear my slip on shoes and try to not look suspicious.

I'd call myself a glutton for punishment, but the only other way to visit is to drive for 3 days both ways or take the train for 3 days both... and it costs just as much for a long trip!