Tuesday, November 27, 2007

AUGH! Give Me the Clam Juice!

First, 10 points to anyone who can tell me where that quote came from.

No, Avindair. Not you. I know you know it.

As usual, I was in a hurry this morning. I realized that my Amy's Organic Palak Paneer frozen meal was still in my freezer when I was about 10 miles down the road to work. So, I made a quick stop at Cub to pick up another. They'd just rearranged the frozen foods and Amy's stuff was no where to be found.

Kashi. Hmmm.



I liked thier cereal pretty well. It's organic. Lots of good stuff for me. Lots of vitamins and fiber.

What the hell? I purchased the box of Kashi Chicken Florentine and was on my merry way.

What the hell, indeed.

As it heated in the breakroom microwave, my first thought was, "My, what an interesting new smell I've discovered."

You know how sometimes foods have a really terrible smell, but taste great? This was not one of those times.

I was hungry. I'm busy. I seriously wondered if I could manage to eat my food while holding my nose. Instead, I decided to just embrace the pain, chow down, and vow never to buy it again.

It is done. My stomach is full. I have the vague, unsettling taste of garlic and tree bark in my mouth. Now I need to see if there's any Clam Juice or battery acid in the breakroom vending machine to wash it down and cleanse my palate.

10 comments:

GeekGoddess said...

Two hours later:

Damn! This is like that time I ate black walnuts off the tree at my grandma's house in Mississippi. I've brushed my teeth, chewed two pieces of gum and I can still taste it. YUCH! BLECH! GAG!

This isn't a blog post. It's a public service announcement!

Anonymous said...

Doh! I think Mr. H. Simpson should have take the Mt. Dew instead of the clam juice.

But the Palak Paneer sounds good. It's the only way I actually LIKE my spinach...

GeekGoddess said...

I don't like many of the Amy's Organic foods, but the Indian dishes I like. The Matar Paneer is great, too! In fact, I'm eating that for lunch right now.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I think I may need to find a place for a nice Vindaloo on my way home from my late afternoon business meeting. I know of a food court that makes a nice spicy chicken vindaloo. Yum!

GeekGoddess said...

Oooooo! Vindaloo! Next time you're in town, you have to hit Kabob & Curry in Maple Grove. Great little family-owned restaurant with fantastic Indian food.

Dinner's planned tonight, but the temptation to pick up Vindaloo and Naan on the way home is almost too much now!

Avindair said...

I want Vindaloo and Nan now...

Anonymous said...

You don't have to invite me twice, your on!

Rick Sullivan said...

I'm in a mood for some flarn! And maybe some spoo. Mmmm; fresh spoo...

Avindair said...

Just don't let a Narn spit in your spoo...

GeekGoddess said...

I just think it's funny that my silly little post has generated far more traffic than my serious ones!

I kinda LIKE that. :-)

And me? I prefer flarn, myself.