Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Think Positive

"Life is what our thoughts make it." -- Marcus Aurelius

As I drifted off to sleep last night, negative thoughts kept rolling through my brain. It's easy to let that happen these days. Discussions with co-workers, friends and family turn into massive bitch sessions about the weather, politics, the state of our country, etc.

I found myself wondering, "Where's the good news?"

I've decided to try a little experiment. Every day, I'll try to post something positive. It could be from the news, my personal life, observations... anything. It just has to be positive.

Granted, this doesn't mean that I'll stop posting rants or general silliness. There will just be something positive in the mix.

Postive Post #1

Famed Tall Ships to Grace Duluth Harbor

Avindair will love this one! August 1-3 in Duluth, three tall ships will be in Duluth Harbor. The Pride of Baltimore II is a recontructed War of 1812-era ship with working cannons. The Niagra, also a recontruction from the same era, has propulsion engines and modern navigation equipment, but no modern amenities. The Madeline, is a reconstructed schooner that sailed the Great Lakes 150 years ago. According to the article, three days of music, entertainment and food with a maritime flavor will ensue. It's a weekend. Mark your calendars!

3 comments:

Avindair said...

OooOOOoooh!

We need to go see them!

(BTW, my "challenge" code this time is "UCBM". Say that out loud. :))

GeekGoddess said...

my "challenge" code this time is "UCBM"

Do you really? Shouldn't you flush it? EW!

Pernox said...

Get a room you two...

But seriously, I agree the world is what you make it and thinking positively helps.

Its the rest of the people who a f-ing up my ability to make the world the way I want it. :)